Things I've Done - Scarf
A riotously patterned neckerchief featuring the eponymous 'What's the T' motif, mesmerising colours and a healthy dose of violence – with the artist tearing open his chest to reveal tumbling, knocked out teeth.
Taylor describes this piece: "In my life I have always seen the symbolic signiﬁcance in teeth. For me ice hockey was the ﬁrst sport I played as a man and it's an integral part of my identity. That being said ice hockey has always been notorious for players ﬁghting and losing teeth. This violence resonates as I feel that my life has been one big ﬁght and it feels like constantly like pulling teeth with the government towards recognizing trans rights."
This luxury silk scarf is 65cm – small but perfectly formed. Each of these rebellious luxury accessories is finished with a gorgeous hand-rolled hem giving a sumptuous feel and that classic chunky and distinctive edge.
The artist carefully designs his paintings to transform when viewed through red and blue 3D glasses, perfectly illustrating the binary pink and blue world he grew up in.
Made in the UK.
Comes with a branded presentation box AND a pair of 3D glasses.
Free shipping in the UK!! Spend over £250 for free international delivery.
Working under the alias 'FrankenTaylor' I have been telling the story of my transition from female to male. Growing up as a queer teenager in the Bible Belt of Tennessee, life was not ideal. But instead of telling a story about depression and struggle my story is more of a celebration, although told with dark humour.
All my recent work is designed to transform when viewed with red and blue 3D glasses. This was a happy accident, discovered by chance, but meant to be as it perfectly illustrates the binary world of pink and blue that I grew up in and how different things can look when viewed through a different lens.
My mission as an artist is to create a world of transparency and acceptance where people are free to live unafraid to be their authentic selves. My work is all about the self-made decisions that have paved my personal road to happiness. I want to tell my story so future generations do not grow up the way that I did.
- July 2019 – Solo show “Toil & Joy” at Provoke Gallery, San Francisco, California
- April 2019 – Group show “It’s Waning Towards New Moon” at Ben Oakley Gallery, London
- August 2017 – Solo show at Flagstaff Modern and Contemporary Gallery, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Currently enrolled in Goldsmiths University of London in the Masters in Fine Art degree
- Featured in the Summer 2018 issue of School Arts Magazine, pages 25-28
- April 2017 – Received a Who’s Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges Award
- March 2017 – Invited as a guest artist for the auction at the Human Rights Campaign Nashville Gala
- March 2017 – Featured in The Lumberjack-Flagstaff, Arizona newspaper publication