A London Underground inspired pocket square with a twist! The palette of primary colours really pops in any suit pocket.
In the artist's words... "London has been an absolute dream come true for me. Until I moved here to go to Goldsmiths for my MFA, I had never been to London or Europe before. This piece is inspired by my many travels on the tube to see my dear friend Tyne O’Connell in Mayfair. I have always been inspired by the red and blue seats on the Jubilee line and wanted to make work about it. This piece is also shown with ice skates on which is a reference to my past and how ice hockey was the first sport that I played as a man."
This silk square is 42cm giving you plenty to play with. Great in the pocket, it's also large enough to wear as a neckerchief or even to wrap round your favourite hat. Each pocket square is finished with a gorgeous hand-rolled hem giving a luxurious feel and that classic chunky and distinctive edge.
The artist carefully designs his paintings to transform when viewed through red and blue 3D glasses, perfectly illustrating the binary pink and blue world he grew up in.
Made in the UK.
Comes with a branded presentation box AND a pair of 3D glasses.
Free shipping in the UK!! Spend over £250 for free international delivery.
Working under the alias 'FrankenTaylor' I have been telling the story of my transition from female to male. Growing up as a queer teenager in the Bible Belt of Tennessee, life was not ideal. But instead of telling a story about depression and struggle my story is more of a celebration, although told with dark humour.
All my recent work is designed to transform when viewed with red and blue 3D glasses. This was a happy accident, discovered by chance, but meant to be as it perfectly illustrates the binary world of pink and blue that I grew up in and how different things can look when viewed through a different lens.
My mission as an artist is to create a world of transparency and acceptance where people are free to live unafraid to be their authentic selves. My work is all about the self-made decisions that have paved my personal road to happiness. I want to tell my story so future generations do not grow up the way that I did.
- July 2019 – Solo show “Toil & Joy” at Provoke Gallery, San Francisco, California
- April 2019 – Group show “It’s Waning Towards New Moon” at Ben Oakley Gallery, London
- August 2017 – Solo show at Flagstaff Modern and Contemporary Gallery, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Currently enrolled in Goldsmiths University of London in the Masters in Fine Art degree
- Featured in the Summer 2018 issue of School Arts Magazine, pages 25-28
- April 2017 – Received a Who’s Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges Award
- March 2017 – Invited as a guest artist for the auction at the Human Rights Campaign Nashville Gala
- March 2017 – Featured in The Lumberjack-Flagstaff, Arizona newspaper publication