Working under the alias 'FrankenTaylor' I have been telling the story of my transition from female to male. Growing up as a queer teenager in the Bible Belt of Tennessee, life was not ideal. But instead of telling a story about depression and struggle my story is more of a celebration, although told with dark humour.
All my recent work is designed to transform when viewed with red and blue 3D glasses. This was a happy accident, discovered by chance, but meant to be as it perfectly illustrates the binary world of pink and blue that I grew up in and how different things can look when viewed through a different lens.
My mission as an artist is to create a world of transparency and acceptance where people are free to live unafraid to be their authentic selves. My work is all about the self-made decisions that have paved my personal road to happiness. I want to tell my story so future generations do not grow up the way that I did.
- July 2019 – Solo show “Toil & Joy” at Provoke Gallery, San Francisco, California
- April 2019 – Group show “It’s Waning Towards New Moon” at Ben Oakley Gallery, London
- August 2017 – Solo show at Flagstaff Modern and Contemporary Gallery, Flagstaff, Arizona
- Currently enrolled in Goldsmiths University of London in the Masters in Fine Art degree
- Featured in the Summer 2018 issue of School Arts Magazine, pages 25-28
- April 2017 – Received a Who’s Who Among Students In American Universities & Colleges Award
- March 2017 – Invited as a guest artist for the auction at the Human Rights Campaign Nashville Gala
- March 2017 – Featured in The Lumberjack-Flagstaff, Arizona newspaper publication